Saturday, June 19, 2010

What's underneath?

Magic wands and spells won’t work,
Neither will vampire teeth;
Don’t get me wrong, I love fantasy,
But in real life I prefer what’s underneath.

Underneath all those jazzy clothes,
Loose jeans and Ed Hardy shirt,
Inside that tattooed skin,
What are you, angel or pervert?

Don’t flaunt those flashy rings,
Jewellery is a big no – no,
Neither would that attitude work,
I have a soft corner for sports cars though! (:P)

No gelled hair, no leather boots,
No cigarettes and definitely no booze.
The list of no’s is a bit too long,
Good stock is limited, it’s hard to choose.

Then you came along with an attitude to flaunt,
In your branded shirt and shoes and earring!
You were all the things that I did NOT want,
Then why the hell did I find you endearing?!

I don’t like any razz - matazz,
Or any of the things that you might be.
Oh of course now I know what it is,
It is all that you have underneath..


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

love it sis...u really are talented...loveeu

Sonal said...

This is a fantastic piece of writing! Way to go darling!

The Half Truth said...

Thank you!