Saturday, June 19, 2010

Many Me

Hannah Montana, the teenage pop – star leads two blessed lives which for her are the best of both worlds. Well, she isn’t the only one. I think no one, and I mean no one, leads a single life. Everyone has a treasure of lifetimes hidden in them. I have distinct personalities. Not two or three, but many. No, I won’t call myself a hypocrite and I am truly justified for having these different ‘me’ inside of me.

Extreme me: One day I would be a fun – filled chilled out girl making everyone laugh with silly jokes or wisecracks. Another day I would be sullen, irritated and easily infuriated. So why do I count both these extremes together? Because this is the unrestrained side of this plain looking girl. I am wild and untamed and pampered to the hilt. I feel the rush of power when people around me submit to my wishes. I feel the jolt of thrill when I do whatever I had planned to. It is a fun and dangerous side of me which is a must have for everyone.

Ms. Sure: Planning. Everything should be where it is meant to be. No clutter. No confusion. No nonsense. I like being sure. It makes me feel in control, responsible. But of course, nothing in life is cakewalk. It becomes an obsession. This aim for perfection becomes a craving and makes an OCD patient out of me. I am headstrong when things go my way and an angry screechy cat (or bitch if you prefer that) when things don’t go as planned. Ofcourse, the major plus point is that things happen on time or before time, leaving ample time for other ‘me’s.

Busy – doin’-nothing: *yawn*. Pass me my book, fluff my pillow, set the temperature of the air conditioner and don’t talk to me. This ‘me’ irritates and is irritating. I won’t ever count reading a book as doing nothing. But in the real world, no food is cooked in the kitchen, no laundry is taken off the clothes line, no empty jugs are refilled and no baths are had while reading. Sad as it might sound. Why is food served when I am lying down contemplating the importance of a good long nap? Well, people will always be jealous. Negative point, you are scolded a lot. Positive, it doesn’t register much in that semi – conscious state! :P

In – the – mood – for – work: Are we supposed to do X? Wow! Great. See. We can do this like this or perhaps this way would be more appropriate. Oh, wait, it would turn out best this way. You get this, I’l start with this and you can begin with this. Let’s roll up our sleeves and go for it. Sounds great? Maybe, maybe not. I work, and I can make YOU work. If I want to do it, I’ll do it in the best possible manner with all my mind in it! It can get annoying. I tend to become bossy. But eventually, the end result is great. So I think the bossy nature can be excused.

Oh, this is just a little sneak peek inside my head. There are no levers or switches to switch between moods. My head is a little like a salad bar. I can choose different things and throw them together and make a cocktail of personalities. I can be in the mood for work while I am being extreme! I can be bossy when I feel lazy. It is like a game of cards. You never know what you are dealt.

There are many you’s hiding inside you. Surprise everyone around you with a new you. Each personality of yours offers a different lifestyle. Experiment a bit. Live a bit different each day. Choose what you want to be. And you’ll see you are no different than a rock star!

No comments: