Thursday, February 3, 2011

An Ode to You




Those big brown eyes,
Never stay still.
Perfect pretty teeth,
His looks can kill.

He sets his hair
With a frown on his brows.
Takes away my breath
When he comes too close.

He folds the sleeves,
Of his slim- fit shirt.
His sweet warm breath,
Reminds of dessert.

His touch is magic,
Like melting butter
Sends me in a frenzy,
Heartbeat flutters.

He’d say something funny,
When I least expect.
I stutter mid sentence,
Forget the subject.

Then he’d smile that smile,
Which melts my heart,
Hug me close,
That’s my favourite part.

He would say something cute,
Make me blush,
I’ll hide in his arms,
Bid him to hush.

He’d laugh softly,
His voice would chime,
And we’d just hug each other,
For a long, long time.

There’s no climax to this poem,
It’s nothing special or new,
I just wrote it
As an Ode to You.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

who is this dedicated to?

The Half Truth said...

Dear Anon, I must compliment you on your no - nonsense, straight to topic approach. I wrote this poem to express the feelings of a 'much - in - love'girl. So this is poem is by every girl in love to her lover.

In other words, no specific dedication. If there had been any, I would have definitely mentioned it.

Any comments on the poem or was it just curiosity?