Thursday, July 22, 2010

Stupid Wise Man

The wise man, who said that patience is rewarded, obviously had no experience of job hunting in the 21st century. 
  • He (I believe he was the male of the species because his female counterpart would have been more perceptive about the job scene in the future. Before I stray to feminism, let’s go back to current issue), he never opened accounts on a score or more websites, which promised fastest job offers suiting his profile, just to have his inbox flooded with spam mail.
  • He never had to call a dozen companies a week just to hear a polite ‘Mail your CV. Will get back to you’, or a curt ‘No vacancy’.
  • He might not have ransacked the city for a decent job, travelling in stinky DTC buses with his nose stuck in a hairy uncle’s smelly armpit.
  • He doesn’t seem to have waited anxiously for a reply from some organization which promised to ‘get back to him soon’ for days.
  • He might never had to swallow his dignity and pester his hardly – related relative for a reference in a company where the relative’s wife’s brother’s brother – in – law’s mother – in – law once worked.
  •  He would never have become suddenly obsessed with technology, checking email every 15 minutes and impulsively glancing at his mobile every 43 seconds to check if his phone has full connectivity in case someone calls with a job confirmation.
  • He definitely wouldn’t have tried to remain out of public eye in case someone conversationally asks: “So what are you doing these days?”.
  • Lucky fellow, he wouldn’t have become paranoid wondering whether his parents resented him sitting at home doing nothing.

As you might have guessed already, being so smart and all, I am taking out my frustration at still being jobless despite my talent and skills and even looks! Not that life isn’t throwing lemons at me. I’ll explain my condition with an analogy:
My plate is full of seafood, butter chicken, lamb chops but alas, I am a vegetarian. I just don’t get what I want. Super frustrating! My patience is withering as it still hasn’t yielded me any useful results. Stupid wise man! Or maybe my patience just ran out the door followed by my sanity, good humour and good mood.
*grumble grumble*

4 comments:

Auspicious said...

Sabra ka fal meetha hota hai! Everything will fall into the right place. God bless!

The Half Truth said...

Thank you for your kind words!

Unknown said...

You. Are. Saving. My. World.
Amen!

The Half Truth said...

@ pm: BIG BIG words! I like! Thank you. :) More shall follow soon.