Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Can't wait no more


A sad poem I penned down during a low phase. Re-read it after a long time. Even I was surprised to find that I ended it on a sad note. Sometimes a sad end is best for a better beginning...

I've been waiting, as you asked me to,
but for how long?
I've been looking for a happy ending
to my love song.
But the memories, even the happy ones,
don't suffice,
How will, without you,
I go on.



I'm fighting a war with time,
for too long.
I'm too weak to make it move faster,
it's too strong.
Time crawls, I count seconds,
the wait never seems to end.
I told everyone you'd come for me,
don't make me go wrong.



Last night, in my dream,
you came along.
I'm worried, and scared,
I won't last long.
Your memories in my dreams,
have blurred now.
You're slipping away and
I can't hold on...

No comments: