Saturday, December 1, 2007


THE REAL ME

I have one heart, but a million things to say;
How to say them, I do not know.
I listen to my mind but it prefers silence,
I just cannot let my emotions flow.
Hiding in me is a different me,
I am yet to be discovered.
I am vulnerable, but expressive.
The true me is still covered.
I want someone to uncover me,
But still keep me a secret.
Someone to know the real me,
Someone who respects my secret.
I know finding him is not difficult.
I just have to let myself be.
He would only need to look,
And he’ll know it’s the real me.
Maybe I am just afraid to show,
What my true self is.
My other side lies in a glass coffin,
Awaiting a prince’s kiss.
The spell would be broken
And the world would know me,
I won’t be hidden,
People would see.
But do I really want to be seen,
Or I prefer the glass coffin,
I still ponder on it,
As I always have been.
I guess I like being a secret,
Something the world is yet to explore.
They may claim they have discovered me,
But they’ll only know one core.
Just as love means a million things,
But still sounds the same.
Even I am an unsolved riddle,
I am an unconquered game.
I am unsure of myself, not knowing what I want.
But that’s the way I like to be,
Being confident of my ignorance is bliss.
Well, I guess, this is what I mean by the ‘real me’.
But then I am alone, though still with the crowd.
Only I know what I really feel.
I can act happy during rough times,
But deep scars take long to heal.
If only I had someone,
Who would kiss my loneliness goodbye.
Who would care for me and the real me,
Who would always stand by.
I knew is around somewhere,
I just need to look hard.
If only I would uncover his true self,
He would discover my second heart
.

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Amazin.. :)