Thursday, April 26, 2007


What Do I Write?

I pick up my pen and wonder what do I write?
Should I write a story or describe a beautiful sight?
But then the beauty in the world has been praised before.
And the stories will always come and go.
But there should be something worth a mention,
Something which should demand my attention.
Maybe I can write about some global issue.
Or divert my mind to a social do.
But these topics are commonly read.
I may focus on technology instead.
But how would a poem on gizmos sound?
It won’t be worth even one pound.
Then what should I think about and what do I write?
Maybe I should think with all my might.
But then, is anything left in this world unwritten.
I guess to think of something new, I need a new invention.
Odes to seasons, birds, people and religion have turned old.
And old is no longer considered as gold.
My dilemma is going profound,
And nothing to dwell on have I found.
I grow bored and I will come when
I have found something to write; now I rest my pen.

No comments: